While you are on Phi Phi Island, you might want to take your relaxation few levels ahead by visiting the Wana Spa and getting a Massage treatment to uplift your spirit and purify your body. The Spa is a retreat in itself with soft music and enchanting fragrances of Thai herbs. Nestled on the foothill of the resort, Wana Spa offers soothing massages and an opportunity to relax before you hit one of the bars. It looks more like a mini resort with plenty of rooms and amazing views of the beach.
Wana Signature Massage is a must try package which focuses on pressure points and light stretching. The massage is priced at THB 2000 for 60 mins and THB 2500 for 90 mins. Trust us, getting this massage will be the best decision you will make at the resort. Before you start the massage, you will be offered a warm welcome tea to relax your mind. If you are a woman, the talented and wonderful staff will also braid your hair in traditional Thai style and add a flower. Special details like this makes the whole experience so much more amazing.
There are many other treatments and massage options available for you to choose from including a him/her where a couple can get a massage together. If you are confused as to which massage to get, the Spa manager will help you decide. You can see the Wana Spa menu here.
Things to Do
Koh Phi Phi island is a natural paradise. As beautiful as the Outrigger Phi Phi resort is, it would be a shame if one does not indulge in the beauty of the seas and islands nearby. There are plenty of beautiful and mysterious corals all around the island and you don’t have to be a swimmer to take in all the beauty.
- Dive – Go to the Dive Centre at the resort to arrange a Suba diving experience. There is a world-class training facility on the resort for beginners. The expert staff at the Dive centre will help you with all the little details and make sure that your experience and safety comes first. The cost ranges from THB 2100 for local dives to TBH 15999 for experienced open water diving.
- Snorkel – If you are not up for a scuba experience, you cannot go wrong with snorkelling. Again, the Dive Centre at the resort will hook you up with a long tail boat and all the equipment you require. The log tail captains are very friendly and experts at what they do. Just book the log tail tour in advance and choose how long of a tour (from 2 – 5 hours) and which islands you would like to see. Remember one thing while picking out the islands, they are all spectacular.
- Ton Sai Bay – Visit the slightly more populated area of Ton Sai bay which has many snack shops, restaurants, bars and even a house of horror. This main tourist area is where the pier and budget hotels are. Good for a night out if you are staying on the island for a long duration. Not recommended for stays less than 4-5 days, as you can enjoy the same experience in Phuket.
- Outdoor Activities like Tennis, Cliff jumping, Rock climbing, Fishing and even Beach yoga are available to do in the Island.
- Relax – With the swimming pool, beach, restaurants and greenery – there are a plenty of things to take your mind off the office and keep you in a relaxed mode. There are several gardens around the resort where they grow local fruits, herbs and spices. There are Thai food classes, Tonsai Village shopping, sightseeing and loads more to do.
If you are planning to go to Phi Phi Island from Hong Kong, your best bet is to travel to Phuket first. There are many tour/travel operators in Phuket with whom you can book the ferry to Phi Phi Island. You can ask your hotel to arrange the ferry for you. You will first need to get to Rassada Pier in Phuket after which the ferry will take approximately 90 minutes to take you to Tonsai Pier in Koh Phi Phi Island. The journey is spectacular where you can see tall limestone rocks in the turquoise Andaman Sea. Once you get to Tonsai pier, the pre-arranged longtail boat sent by Outrigger Resort will be there to fetch you. Then it is another 20-30 minutes of serene boat ride till The Outrigger resort, where staff will be present to welcome you with a chilled tropical drink.
You can also get detailed information by clicking here.
Things to Note
- The resort is very kid friendly with babysitting service.
- It can get extremely sunny in the island, so carry a decent SPF sunscreen.
- Mosquitoes love the island. Carry good amount of Mosquito repellent with you.
- Carry cash on you. Though credit cards are accepted at the resort, do note that there are no ATM’s.
- Be considerate to the environment. Families from all over the world come to Outrigger Resort to spend some quality time in tranquil environment. If you want to have a party in your room, you can, but make sure the volume is not too high.
- You are the master of your bunglow and it is up to you to keep the outdoor area clean.
- Most importantly, carry extra chargers and camera and take a lot of pictures. This will be the most amazing trip of your life and you would want to capture a lot of moments.
Package name : Hideaway Package
Validity date : 29 Aug – 30 October 2013
- 2 nights stay in Deluxe Garden OR Deluxe Bungalow Seaview OR Deluxe Bungalow OR Superior Bungalow
- 1 times 55 mins (Choices of Wana Signature, Aromatherapy Massage or Swedish Massage ) for 2 person at Wana Spa
- Welcome drink,
- Welcome fruit basket.
- Superior Bungalow THB10,640/package/2 person
- Deluxe Garden Bungalow THB13,523/package/2 person
- Deluxe Bungalow THB16,408/package/2 person
- Deluxe Sea view Bungalow THB19,057/package/2 person
- Reservations: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- 49 Moo 8, Aonang,
- Muang, Krabi 81000
- Ph: +66 (0) 75-628-900
- Fax: +66 (0) 75-628-955
- 360 view of the Resort
- Outrigger Website
- Facebook Page
You can leave your questions and comments in the comments section below.
Happy Phi Phi Island vacation, Swadee Kap.