How about impressing your better half with something extra special with our Valentines Day Special Recipe by our favourite Baking Maniac in town! Ankrish Gidwani shares a recipe that will surely help you impress your special someone. Check out the exciting recipe below:
Red Velvet Heart Cookies ( Makes around 24 cookies)
- 226g unsalted butter
- 250g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 28ml red food colouring
- 3 tbsp milk
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 60ml buttermilk
- 420g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 tbsp Meringue Powder
– 500g Icing Sugar
– 6 tbsp Warm Water
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together butter and icing sugar, till light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla essence, red food colour, milk and buttermilk and beat till well combined.
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients slowly.
- Beat till the dough all comes together. The dough will be nice and soft.
- Remove the dough onto cookie sheets, and roll to 1/4 inch thickness .
- Cut into heart shapes and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, its time to make the icing. Beat all ingredients with a mixer at high speed for about 10 minutes.
- Put the icing in a piping bag and begin decorating once cookies have baked and cooled & voila your done!