The Beans Avocado Salad Recipe is a very filling yet very healthy salad. If you are planning to have some thing light for supper I suggest you give it a try.
Beans are good source of protein and avocados are rich in good fat and very helpful in lowering your bad cholesterol. I love both of them so thought of mixing them together in a salad. I usually have this salad after my gym or for a brunch with a piece of bread!
- 1 can (425g) Black beans drained and washed
- 2 cucumbers diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 10-12 cherry or midi tomatoes cut in half
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup assorted greens. (Baby spinach, arugula etc)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 or to your taste green chillies
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh coriander chopped
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper all to your taste
In a measuring cup, add in all the above ingredients and give it a nice whisk. Keep it aside.
Mix all the chopped vegetables, beans except avocados and greens in a big mixing bowl. Pour in the dressing and mix it well.In a big plate, place the greens then pour this salad on top and on the side place sliced avocados.