- FREE TICKETS CONTEST: Da-Bang Tour (Salman Khan in HK) – Hong KongPosted 1 day ago
- Revel Events Bollywood Night in HKPosted 3 days ago
- Win 2 FREE Tickets to SORABH PANT Live in HKPosted 4 days ago
- A La Mode Luxury Pop-Up Shop In Hong KongPosted 1 week ago
- India By The Bay – Festival of India in Hong Kong 2017Posted 2 months ago
- Soap Recycling to Help Save Children’s LivesPosted 2 months ago
- Zero Point by Riyaaz: An Evening of LIVE Indian Music with a Twist!Posted 4 months ago
Sneak Peek at New Mumbai Airport Terminal: T2
The new terminal at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is going to open on the 15th of January 2014. The new terminal called T2 will handle both domestic and international flights. The cost of building the terminal is said to be around the INR98 billion (US$1.5 billion) mark. Here are some pictures of the new Mumbai Airport Terminal.
Here are some Facts about T2: New Mumbai Airport Terminal
Area: The new terminal will be built on 210,000 square meters. Just more than double the size of Ocean Park. 21,000 square meters will be assigned for retail shops and lounges. With 4 floors, the total floor area would be 439,000 square meters.
Passengers: The terminal will cater to 40 Million passengers annually. Similar to the population of Argentina.
Cost: INR98 billion or US$1.5 billion to make.
Parking: Multi-level parking for 5000 cars and 106 stands for aircraft’s.
Getting Around: The terminal will have 47 escalators, 73 elevators and 41 travelators.
Counters: 60 immigration counters at departure and 76 at arrival, 10 baggage carousels , 188 check-in counters.
Metro Link: In plans to connect the terminal to the city with a Metro train.
Employees: +12,000 workers.
Art: The Terminal will display more than 6000 pieces of historic art from India accross 18 foot high walls and other areas, which will make the terminal world’s largest public art display record holder.
Opening Date: 15th January, 2014.
Watch the documentary on the New Mumbai Airport Terminal here.
What do you think about the new terminal? Do you think this will change the travelling experience? What else can be done to make the airport better? Leave your comments below.