- FREE TICKETS CONTEST: Da-Bang Tour (Salman Khan in HK) – Hong KongPosted 2 days ago
- Revel Events Bollywood Night in HKPosted 4 days ago
- Win 2 FREE Tickets to SORABH PANT Live in HKPosted 5 days ago
- A La Mode Luxury Pop-Up Shop In Hong KongPosted 1 week ago
- India By The Bay – Festival of India in Hong Kong 2017Posted 2 months ago
- Soap Recycling to Help Save Children’s LivesPosted 2 months ago
- Zero Point by Riyaaz: An Evening of LIVE Indian Music with a Twist!Posted 4 months ago
Natural Hair Care Tips To Prevent Hair Loss
Our hair is one of the best indicators of our health and attractiveness. When our hair looks great, we feel great; but as soon as our locks start to thin – or look unhealthy – all we want to do is stay home and mope.
Hair loss affects millions of people. Most of them are frustrated, because they have spent a lot of time and money on products, with no positive results. Sadly, there are no products which can boast a guaranteed 100% success rate, as there are many different factors which trigger hair loss.
A study by the University of Hong Kong revealed that 82.5% of people said they suffered stress, while 46.4% admitted to a poor diet – two major factors which can lead to hair loss. Some of the other causes could include the use of chemical hair treatments, irregular sleeping patterns, poor eating and exercising habits, long illness, Anaemia, hormonal imbalance, menopause and many more.
So how does one overcome such a challenge? Here are some small changes that you can implement in your life to make things better:
1. Have a positive mindset
2. Manage your stress naturally – by learning Yoga or practicing breathing and meditation techniques
3. Get adequate, good quality sleep to help with the natural process of rejuvenation
Natural Hair Care Tips
Using herbal therapies for your hair can reduce hair loss and make your hair healthy. Ayurveda strongly recommends scalp massages with warm oil, 2-3 times a week. This stimulates and moisturizes the scalp. You can also use coconut, almond or amla hair oil. Leave the oil in your hair overnight if you can. If not, keep it in for at least an hour or two, and then wash it off with shampoo.
Remember, never attack wet hair with a brush. Tangles in wet hair are best removed with a widetoothed comb. Use a wooden or metal teeth comb, as it won’t generate static electricity. Excessive blowdrying can also damage hair in the long term, making it brittle and causing split ends. More often than not, try to let your hair dry naturally, and then brush it into place.
Start including lots of green leafy vegetables and sweet juicy fruits into your diet. Avoid foods with artificial preservatives and chemical additives or ice-cold beverages, as they hamper the process of digestion and the assimilation of nutrients.
Fresh coconut, dairy products such as milk and fresh yogurt, and spices like cumin are considered excellent “hair food”. Ayurvedic herbs like Eclipta Alba (a.k.a. Bhringaraj, which literally means king of tresses) and Gotu Kola nourishes the hair and scalp.
Here are some tips for simple, easy and natural hair care:
1. Use shampoos and conditioners that contain nourishing herbs. Read the labels carefully – sometimes, products that say herbal or natural can include chemicals.
2. If you have dry hair, wash your hair every other day. Also, use a little oil in your hair before applying shampoo.
3. Do not apply shampoo directly onto your hair. Dilute it with water in your hands before use. This minimizes the negative effects of shampoo.
4. If you have dull, dry hair, do not use conditioner. Any chemical action on this type of hair breaks down the chemical bonds of the hair cuticle and the cortex. Permanent damage quickly sets in, and your dull, dry hair will rapidly get worse.
5. Don’t use poor quality rubber bands. It may create tangles and make the hair brittle.
These remedies take time to show a visible change, but are effective for most people. The best thing about using a home remedy is that there are a wide array of options; and if you think that a particular ingredient doesn’t suit you, you can always try an alternative. You should space out each remedy by at least a week before trying out another.
By making small changes to our lifestyle and applying more natural hair care methods, we can take baby steps to prevent hair loss.
The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult a health professional.