- FREE TICKETS CONTEST: Da-Bang Tour (Salman Khan in HK) – Hong KongPosted 2 days ago
- Revel Events Bollywood Night in HKPosted 4 days ago
- Win 2 FREE Tickets to SORABH PANT Live in HKPosted 5 days ago
- A La Mode Luxury Pop-Up Shop In Hong KongPosted 1 week ago
- India By The Bay – Festival of India in Hong Kong 2017Posted 2 months ago
- Soap Recycling to Help Save Children’s LivesPosted 2 months ago
- Zero Point by Riyaaz: An Evening of LIVE Indian Music with a Twist!Posted 4 months ago
Saravanaa Bhavan: Dosas, Vadas, Sambhars and more
The anticipated, Saravanaa Bhavan, an authentic South Indian vegetarian restaurant from Chennai, finally arrives on Ashley Road, in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. The fresh aromas of Butter Roasted Dosas, Vadas and Sambhar welcome you whilst you step into the restaurant. The menu includes a wide range of food including authentic South Indian cuisine along with some North Indian options as well.
Saravanaa Bhavan’s menu has a variety of dosas with flavoursome fillings. While ordering the Mysore Masala Dosa, we were expecting the filling to be a little spicy with a hint of lemon and masala, however the filling was slightly on the sweeter side. On the other hand the Paneer Dosa had a filling of rich Indian masalas with generous amount of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) layered with finely chopped vegetables.
The dosas are served with three different types of chutneys including white coconut chutney, red onion chutney and a sweet chutney. From the North Indian menu, we tried out the Vegetable Kurma, which was slightly dry but had a tangy flavour of spiciness to it to go along with Butter Naan.
Don’t forget order a glass of Lassi, Masala Chai or their famous South Indian filter coffee if you love a good drink with or after your food.
Along with serving outstanding South Indian food, the restaurant manages a pleasant atmosphere, with instrumental Indian music in the background with indoor and outdoor seating options. The staff members are friendly and will assist you with their honest opinions, wooing you with placing your orders through an iPad. All in all, Saravanaa Bhavan offers a delectable and extensive vegetarian menu with their reasonable price range.
Saravanaa Bhavan | 4/F, Ashley Centre, 23-25 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong | 2736 1127